Tuesday 20 January 2015

New desk setup and finally skeletal warriors done!

Evening all! I must apologize for the time between this update and my last post, sadly the holiday came to an end and it was back to work, so the times at which I could paint were far and few in between! But here we are, with another update!

A little side project of mine which I thought may interest some of you was the readying of my new permanent painting area (I know I find it interesting to see how and where others paint, though perhaps I am just odd.), as I got tired of manning the dining room table, and then having to shift my paints etc when it came to dinner time, so I went out and bought a desk!

My hobby area.

Quite a simple setup, draws used to store models to do, shelves for boxes not yet opened. If you happened to notice the air compressor in the left hand corner, and are wondering the specs etc, worry not! I shall cover the specs of it and my airbrush when I post tyranids, as they are what I majorly use it for. Now onto the Tomb Kings!

Frontal view
Left view
Right view












As can be seen, it is the same as the two complete models I previewed in my last update, with the odd difference depending on the models, such as the shields with parchment attached to them, they were simply done with a base of VGC Bone White, washed with Delvan Mud and then highlighted with VGC bone White, and lastly the scriptures on the parchment were some 'random' freehand scribbles using VGC black.

Scriptures on shields
Close up












The main 'stand out' models from this group are the champion, banner bearer and musician, more so the latter two, mainly because of the detail and difference to the standard skeletal warrior;

Champion, Banner bearer & Musician


However these were all painted in the same fashion as you would expect, with one or two added extra's, such as the cloth for the banner / on the musicians instrument, both of which were done the same way as the shield, but minus the delvan mud wash and in its place a fine edge highlight, this allowed for a more crisp feel, as well as differentiating the material to how it looks on the shields. The scriptures on the banner were done in the same manner as on the shields, except using VGC Skull White this time.

That is all I have for now. I plan to next move onto the horsemen, which hopefully shouldn't take as long, however I will change the structure of how I do things slightly, as I have noticed I haven't really laid out my exact painting process, so I will document each major step of the horsemen in my upcoming posts! So that you know exactly what I did to achieve the look I get, in case anyone has the crazy idea of drawing inspiration from my painting!

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment